Dr Daniel Scamman
Senior Research Associate
Bartlett School Env, Energy & Resources
Faculty of the Built Environment
- Joined UCL
- 1st Jan 2016
- Working in low-carbon R&D since 2001
- Techno-economic modelling of utility-scale energy storage using UK TIMES Model
- Roles and opportunities for hydrogen in transport, heat, industry, power-to-gas, storage, grid-balancing and off-grid applications.
- Energy system modelling, particularly renewables / storage / demand integration
- Least-cost decarbonisation of heat and transport systems.
- First degree in mechanical engineering (Cambridge University)
- Mechanical engineer at Corus R,D & T (Middlesbrough)
- EngD in redox flow battery design for utility-scale energy storage (Manchester University)
- Systems engineer at CMR Fuel Cells (direct methanol fuel cell developer)
- Senior energy systems analyst at ITM Power (electrolyser developer)
- Senior Research Associate at UCL since January 2016.
- Chartered member of IMechE