Tamsin Murray Leach is an Honorary Research Fellow and PhD student at the Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose (IIPP).
Prior to this she was a researcher, book editor and project manager in the Global Civil Society unit at the London School of Economics and Political Science, where she holds an MSc (with distinction) in Human Rights. As a journalist, she contributed regularly to the national press.
Tamsin is the research officer for Beyond The Technological Revolution, the project led by Carlota Perez, which analyses the historical role of the state in shaping the context for innovation and development.
Her particular research interests include:
- The intellectual history of productivity as an economic metric
- The changing narratives of economic theory
- The role of taxation and other constructs of the ‘social compact’ across different techno-economic paradigms
- Alternative models of taxation for the mitigation of income polarisation and other social inequalities
- The role of activist politics in techno-economic transitions