Job opportunity: Head of Industrial Strategy & Policy Engagement
21 March 2018
UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose welcomes applications for a new Head of Industrial Strategy & Policy Engagement (deadline 8 April).
We are delighted to announce we are recruiting for a Head of Industrial Strategy and Engagement Policy at UCL, working jointly with UCL’s Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose (IIPP) and the Office for the Vice Provost Research (OVPR).
In particular, the post supports:
- IIPP’s work related to mission-oriented innovation and industrial strategy
- Work with the IIPP Commission for Mission Oriented Innovation and Industrial Strategy (chaired by Lord Willetts and Prof. Mazzucato), and the IIPP Mission Oriented Innovation Network
- Work of UCL Public Policy to build academic-policy engagement and improve the use of evidence in policymaking around industrial strategy.
The position represents an opportunity to make a substantive contribution to a new institute, a rapidly growing area of knowledge and a key public policy priority, and to engage with public policy across regional, national and international spheres, as well as enhancing the policy impact and profile of UCL research.
The Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose (IIPP), founded by Professor Mariana Mazzucato, plays a leading role in rethinking innovation and societal challenges, driving a mission-oriented approach and reshaping industrial strategy agendas on a national and global scale
UCL Public Policy is the university’s institutional initiative to support academic-policy engagement. It seeks to bring UCL’s academic expertise to bear on crucial public policy challenges and enhance evidence-based policy development.
Application Deadline: 8 April 2018
Interview date: Week Commencing 23 April 2018 - Find out more and apply.
- Read about IIPP's influential work on mission-oriented innovation policy & industrial strategy, including the UCL Commission for Mission Oriented Innovation and Industrial Strategy (MOIIS).
- Download the Mazzucato Report: Mission-Oriented Research & Innovation in the European Union, a problem-solving approach to fuel innovation-led growth.