Urban Design and the Housing Crisis
26 September 2019, 5:00 pm–6:30 pm
Urban Design Research Seminar
Dr Pablo Sendra
Urban Design Studio31 Leigh StreetLondonWC1H 9EWUnited Kingdom
The Bartlett School of Planning’s Urban Design Research Group and the MSc Urban Design and City Planning programme have organised a research seminar on urban design responses to the housing crisis. For this seminar, we have invited speakers from professional practice, local authority, academia, and MSc Urban Design and City Planning students and alumni to discuss how urban design teaching and research informs practice and the other way around.
This is an open event.
The event will be followed buy the annual MSc Urban Design and City Planning Exhibition, which will begin at 18.30.
- Matthew Carmona, Professor of Planning and Urban Design, UCL, Chair of the Place Alliance.
- Tobias Goevert, Strategic Housing Consultant at Lewisham Council
- Jonathan Rosenberg, Chair of Walterton and Elgin Community Homes, Community Organiser of West Ken and Gibbst Green Community Homes.
- Katherine Keyes, Urban Planner at Prior+Partners, MSc Urban Design and City Planning Alumni.
- Katherine O'Neil, MSc Urban Design and City Planning student.
- Chair: Pablo Sendra, Director of the MSc Urban Design and City Planning, The Bartlett School of Planning, UCL.