The Institute for Global Prosperity welcomes expression of interest from exceptional early career researchers of any nationality who have recently completed or are in the final stages of completing their doctorate, and wish to submit a proposal to fund independent research. Proposed projects should fit with existing Institute research priorities. Further information about these can be found on the IGP Research webpages.
A selection process overseen by the IGP Director of Research will take place three times a year for the following schemes:
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- ESRC New Investigator Grants
- AHRC Early Career Research Grant
- Other schemes may be considered at the IGP Research Committee’s discretion
Applicants are encouraged to identify a suitable supervisor/mentor for their research from the IGP academic staff team to discuss their research idea and its suitability.
The deadlines for submitting expressions of interest each year are as follows:
- 1st August
- 1st November
- 1st March
To apply for the next selection round, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by these dates:
- Name and deadline of the scheme(s) you wish to be considered for
- Statement of how you meet the scheme(s) eligibility criteria
- Draft research proposal, 2-3 pages. This should include the project title, aims and objectives, methods, outcomes and outputs.
- CV (2 pages)
- Name of the proposed IGP academic supervisor
Once your expression of interest has been reviewed, we will be in touch to let you know whether IGP can support your application. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Louise Roberts on email@example.com