13 June 2017 | 9:00 am to 14 June 2017 | 5:00 pm
'Living well together' IGP panel at International Conference on Urban Sustainability and Resilience
- Check https://www.ucl.ac.uk/usar/usar-conference/usar-conference-2017 for details
- Open to
- THE CENTRE FOR URBAN SUSTAINABILITY AND RESILIENCE
The UCL Institute for Global Prosperity will host a panel - Living well together - at UCL's Centre for Urban Sustainability and Resilience Conference this year.
Living well together examines what it means to live well together in the city. It highlights the importance of social inclusion and cohesion and the quality of social relations in societies: a topic now at the fore in the light of Brexit, the growth of far-right populism in Europe and Trump's promise to Americans that 'You're not forgotten anymore'.
The panellists will feature research and practitioner papers that focus on the nature of social relationships in supporting sustainable and resilient communities.
The 3rd International Conference on Urban Sustainability and Resilience will take place on 13 and 14 June 2017 in Bloomsbury, London. Further details will be announced at a later date here.
- Dr Mary Hodgson, Director of Research at the Young Foundation, will be chairing our Living Well Together panel.
- Saffron Woodcraft will present a paper: What is the good life in East London? Examining links between inclusive change and sustainable and resilient places
- Dr Nikolay Mintchev will present a paper: Sustainable community relations and the imagination at work
- Dr Constance Smith will present a paper: Sensory notation toolkit - evaluating the social impact of urban interventions