Bartlett Together: 2021 Celebration
Wednesday 17 February 2021
This year's The Bartlett Together: 2021 Celebration bought together our student and staff community for a day of inspiring, interactive virtual sessions to celebrate the new year.
It explored our hopes and ambitions for the built environment in 2021, visions for sustainable and equitable futures that our community can create, and ways to foster wellbeing in the year to come.
Schedule of sessions
- 10.00-11.00 (GMT) What’s to come in 2021
Hosted by Dean Christoph Lindner, a panel of Bartlett academics and students will explore their hopes and ambitions for the built environment in 2021, bringing together multi-disciplinary perspectives from across the faculty. The panel discussion will be followed by a live interactive Q&A session.
- Professor Christoph Lindner, Dean, The Bartlett
- Nadia Ameli, Principal Research Fellow, UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
- Jordana Ramalho, Lecturer in Development Planning for Diversity, The Bartlett Development Planning Unit
- Cristobal Diaz Martinez, Postgraduate Research Student, The Bartlett School of Planning
- 13.00-14.00 (GMT) How can we create sustainable, equitable and diverse futures for all?
In this panel discussion, students from across The Bartlett will share what inspires them about sustainability in the built environment, and their future vision for ways that our community can tackle these issues. The many global crises we face intersect across the climate crisis, ecosystem damage and biodiversity loss, health, social, racial and environmental injustice – and the cultural systems that underpin them. Around the world, student and youth movements are calling for change, for social, racial and environmental justice, and for a better, fairer world for all.
- Blanche Cameron, Senior Teaching Fellow, The Bartlett School of Architecture
- Tyler Ebanja, Architectural and Interdisciplinary Studies, The Bartlett School of Architecture
- Suthida Chang, MPA in Innovation, Public Policy and Management, UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- Sean Lee Kian How, BSc Urban Planning, Design and Management, The Bartlett School of Planning
- Farah Khan, MPA in Innovation, Public Policy and Public Value, UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- 16.00-17.00 (GMT) Wellbeing and the built environment
Wellbeing is key for societies and communities worldwide in 2021. Curated and led by five Bartlett students, this session will examine how we can design better urban spaces for wellbeing – from green infrastructure to real estate development – and challenge us to think about how wellbeing can be improved in our local communities and our daily lives.
- Fion Yu, MSc International Real Estate and Planning, The Bartlett School of Planning
- Kristy Tong, MSc in International Planning, The Bartlett School of Planning
- Kelvin Saddul, MSc Construction Economics and Management, The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management
- Lettie McKie, MSc in International Planning, The Bartlett School of Planning
- Sieun Lee, BSc Urban Studies, The Bartlett School of Planning