We're hiring: Research Administrator
29 November 2021
The Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources has an exciting opportunity for a Research Administrator to join the administrative team to support the activities of over 80 academic and 85 research-funded staff.
UCL Department / Division: Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
Location of position: London
Hours: Full Time
Salary (inclusive of London allowance): £29,802 - £34,867 per annum
Closing Date: 9 January 2022
Latest time for the submission of applications: 23:59
Interview date: TBC
Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will support the pre-and-post award delivery of grants currently valued at £69 million and the submission of new proposals averaging over 120 per year.
Working as part of the busy research administration team and in conjunction with relevant academic and administrative staff, the post holder will provide effective research administrative support for all matters across a range of grants and innovation opportunities. The post-holder will support the Senior Research Administrator with the research proposal process, contracts, financial monitoring procedures, reporting and other grant project related tasks.
This role is a fixed term maternity cover until 10 January 2023.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong financial management skills with the ability to learn to manage complex research funding and reporting. They will be efficient, organised and take great care in attention to detail. This role requires someone with excellent project management skills and the ability to manage their own time and workload to deliver all outcomes on time and to a high level of completion.
This is a busy role in a fast-paced environment, and the post holder is expected to be adaptable, proactive and quickly assimilate information. The role requires interaction with many people within and external to UCL, thus a professional attitude, willingness to help and ability to remain tactful and assertive are required in order to adequately execute the duties outlined.
- A job description and person specification can be accessed using this link.
- To apply for this vacancy click on the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the page.
- If you have any queries regarding the vacancy or the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have specific questions about the role please contact BSEER Research Manager Haiyan Wu Haiyan.email@example.com.
- The UCL Ways of Working for professional services supports colleagues to be successful and happy at UCL through sharing expectations around how we work .
- We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
- We will consider applications to work on a part-time, flexible and job share basis wherever possible.
- Our department holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award, in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality.
- This appointment is subject to UCL Terms and Conditions of Service for Research and Support Staff.
- Please use these links to find out more about UCL working life including the benefits we offer and UCL Terms and Conditions related to this job.