Staff details for the Energy MPhil/PhD.
The relationship between an academic Supervisor and a research student is a unique one, which evolves over several years to achieve a number of objectives, including:
- providing you with a thorough grounding in all aspects of research within the context of an academic discipline;
- creating a learning experience that is intellectually challenging and personally fulfilling within a stimulating and supportive environment;
- providing academic and pastoral support;
- ensuring you are able to complete your PhD in a timely manner;
- preparing you for a range of careers.
Your second supervisor is an additional source of support and advice. They will enhance the effective supervision of your work by contributing a second opinion or additional areas of expertise.
Below is a list of UCL Energy Institute (UCL-Energy) supervisors of MPhil/PhD and MRes projects sorted by Research Theme.
Hannah Daly (subsidiary supervisor only)
People & Energy
Policy & Law
Smart Energy Systems
UCL-Energy is partner institutes with UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources. Potential supervisors include:
Paolo Agnolucci (subsidiary supervisor only)
Teresa Domenech (subsidiary supervisor only)
Matthew Winning (subsidiary supervisor only)
Below is a list of other UCL Departments who have staff currently part of the supervision team for UCL-Energy core or affiliate students. Please note this list is not exhaustive and our engagement with UCL Departments extends beyond this list.
UCL Development Planning Unit
UCL Bartlett School of Construction & Project Management
UCL Department of Chemistry
UCL Department of Chemical Engineering
UCL Department of Mechanical Engineering
UCL Department of Civil, Environment & Geomatic Engineering
UCL Department of Physics & Astronomy
UCL Department Economics UCL Applied Mathematics
UCL Department of Geography
UCL Department of Law