UCL-Energy 2014 publications
27 March 2014
The breadth and multi-disciplinarily of research at UCL-Energy is captured by the publications.
The table below lists the Institutes publications for just 2014, see Publications for more. These range from technical publications in the International Journal of hydrogen energy on representing the transport sector in energy systems models to the 'The Allure of Energy Visions' in Energy Strategy Reviews through to the impact of energy efficiency measures on radon related lung cancer in the British Medical Journal (BMJ) to “I always wore my machete when travelling on the bus” Fieldwork in the Global South: Ethical Challenges and Dilemmas and a new book on Building Types and Built Forms by Professor Phillip Steadman.
- Dodds, PE; McDowall, W; (2014) Methodologies for representing the road transport sector in energy system models. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy , 39 (5) 2345-2358.10.1016/j.ijhydene.2013.11.021.
- Ekins, P; Baddeley, M; Medda, F; Nesheim, L; Radosevic, S; (2014) Greening the recovery: the report of the UCL Green Economy Commission. OVPR/UCL Public Policy: University College London.
- Fell, M; Chiu, L F; (2014) Children, parents and home energy use: Exploring motivations and limits to energy demand reduction Energy Policy (65) 10.1016/j.enpol.2013.10.003
- Hamilton, I; Stocker, J; Evans, S; Davies, M; Carruthers, D; (2014) The impact of the London Olympic Parkland on the urban heat island. JOURNAL OF BUILDING PERFORMANCE SIMULATION , 7 (2) 119 - 132.10.1080/19401493.2013.791343.
- Hamilton, IG; Shipworth, D; Summerfield, AJ; Steadman, P; Oreszczyn, T; Lowe, R; (2014) Uptake of energy efficiency interventions in English dwellings. Building Research and Information10.1080/09613218.2014.867643.
- Hong, S-M; Paterson, G; Mumovic, D; Steadman, P; (2014) Improved benchmarking comparability for energy consumption in schools. BUILDING RESEARCH AND INFORMATION , 42 (1) 47 - 61.10.1080/09613218.2013.814746.
- Isaacs, N; Steadman, P; (2014) Understanding energy and the non-domestic building stock: in memory of Harry Bruhns. BUILDING RESEARCH AND INFORMATION , 42 (1) 1 - 3. 10.1080/09613218.2014.835605.
- Jay, BM; Howard, D; Hughes, N; Whitaker, J; Anandarajah, G; (2014) Modelling Socio-Environmental Sensitivities: How Public Responses to Low Carbon Energy Technologies Could Shape the UK Energy System. SCIENTIFIC WORLD JOURNAL , Article ARTN 605196. 10.1155/2014/605196.
- McGlade, C; Ekins, P; (2014) Un-burnable oil: an examination of oil resource utilisation in a decarbonised energy system. Energy Policy , 64 102 - 112. 10.1016/j.enpol.2013.09.042.
- Milner, J; Shrubsole, C; Das, P; Jones, B; Ridley, I; Chalabi, Z; ... Wilkinson, P; + view all (2014) Home energy efficiency and radon related risk of lung cancer: modelling study. BMJ , 348 f7493 - ?.
- Rösler, H; van der Zwaan, B; Keppo, I; Bruggink, J; (2014) Electricity versus hydrogen for passenger cars under stringent climate change control. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments , 5 106 - 118.10.1016/j.seta.2013.11.006.
- Spataru, C; Gauthier, S; (2014) How to monitor people 'smartly' to help reducing energy consumption in buildings? Architectural Engineering and Design Management , 10 (1-2) 60 - 78. 10.1080/17452007.2013.837248.
- Steadman, P; Hamilton, I; Evans, S; (2014) Energy and urban built form: an empirical and statistical approach.BUILDING RESEARCH AND INFORMATION , 42 (1) 17 - 31. 10.1080/09613218.2013.808140.
- Tomei, J; (2014) “I always wore my machete when travelling on the bus”: reflections on danger in the field. In:Fieldwork in the Global South: Ethical Challenges and Dilemmas. : Taylor & Francis.
- Tomei, J; Diaz-Chavez, RDC; (2014) Guatemala. In: Solomon, B and Bailie, R, (eds.) Sustainable Development of Biofuels in Latin America and the Caribbean. Springer: New York.
- Trutnevyte, E; (2014) The allure of energy visions: are some visions better than others? Energy Strategy Reviews(2) 211 - 219. 10.1016/j.esr.2013.10.001.
- Ucci, M; Domenech, T; Ball, A; Whitley, T; Wright, C; Mason, D; ... Westaway, A; + view all (2014) Behaviour change potential for energy saving in non-domestic buildings: Development and pilot-testing of a benchmarking tool. BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEERING RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY , 35 (1) 36 - 52.10.1177/0143624412466559.