Dr Maria Kamargianni
Lecturer in Energy and Transport
Bartlett School Env, Energy & Resources
Faculty of the Built Environment
- Joined UCL
- 16th Sep 2013
- New mobility services
- Mobility as a Service
- Autonomous vehicles
- Urban air mobility (drones)
- Passengers and freight transport
- Discrete choice models
- Travel behaviour modelling
- Survey design and market research
- Data handling
Research Concepts module (BENV0010), MSc Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment (EPEE), Energy Institute
- University of the Aegean
- PhD, Transport Planning | 2014
- University of the Aegean
- MSc, Transport Studies | 2009
- University of Macedonia
- BSc(Econ), Business Administration | 2007
Dr. Kamargianni is a Lecturer in Transport and Energy, and the Head of the MaaSLab. Her areas of research include travel behaviour, new mobility services and technologies, Mobility-as-a-Service, transportation modelling, transportation systems analysis, market research and econometrics. She has extensive experience in survey design, data handling and modelling combined revealed and stated preferences discrete choice models, as well as latent variable models in which the attitudes and perceptions of decision makers are taken into account in the choice process.
She has widely published in the academic literature and she is the Editor of the Elsevier Book Volume “Preparing for the New Era of Transport Policies: Learning from Experience”. She is the Principal Investigator of several large-scale projects, such as the H2020 funded projects MaaS4EU and GECKO.
She has received several awards for her research and the methodologies she developed, such as:
- the 2013 TRB Ryuichi Kitamura Best Paper Award - Awarded by the US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine – Transportation Research Board; Washington DC, 2014.
- the Best Student Paper Award in Choice Modelling - Awarded by the Elsevier Journal of Choice Modelling; Sydney, 2013.
- the Bronze Medal in YEAR2010, the pan-European contest for young researchers - Awarded by the Transport Research Arena; Brussels, 2010.
- included in the list with the top 10 influencers on MaaS worldwide. Being one of the two women included in this list; the only academic and the youngest influencer.
Dr. Kamargianni is a member in several conference standing committees. She is a board member at the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), TravelSpirit and the UCL Transport Institute.
She works closely with public authorities and the industry to transfer her research outputs to the real world, while she has been a consultant to several public authorities and companies.