We are a group of energy demand researchers focusing on energy consumption patterns and the factors that influence how these could be changed.
We carry out empirical research on demand flexibility, thermal comfort and smart energy systems, frequently working in partnership with industry, policy-makers and civil society organisations.
We investigate how technology and people interact to influence energy use in buildings.
Active fields of research interest include:
- The interface between electricity demand flexibility and decarbonisation/electrification of heating and transport
- Factors affecting heating patterns and thermal comfort in buildings
- Uptake and response to demand-side response products/services
- Social and regulatory issues around business models such as peer-to-peer energy trading facilitated by blockchain technologies, and community energy
- Applications for digital energy data, including metrics to facilitate outcome-based policy
- Increasing the transparency and quality of energy demand research.
If you are interested in discussing ways of working with the PACE Group, please contact Professor David Shipworth on email@example.com