Success in Project Management can be more based on human factors than on tools and techniques and trust has become prominent in management theory and practice in recent years, particularly in construction.
In my research, theory is critically reviewed to present first the holistic picture about trust research with comments about bounded rationality and putting the research in context: Cognitive and calculative in nature vs socially constructed (intuitive, dynamic and based on relationships) as the case in Construction Project Management.
Following a four‐case qualitative and quantitative research methodology (mixed-methods), my investigation explores the dynamics of trust elements (variables) in construction projects in Spain showing which are relevant, how they link, the extent to which they could be linked and the obstacles to linkage, and finally which elements/variables can be managed.
The output is a new model developed from the literature review and empirical work (interviews and questionnaires during the course of four construction projects in Spain).
More meta-perceptions in more projects would be another step following the conclusions of the investigation and furthermore in more countries. And the interplay between emotional intelligence and trust in construction project management would be another line to study.
- Publications and other work
- Guest Speaker at “Legal & Economic Drivers of Real Estate Transactions”. May 4&5, 2017 Barcelona, Spain. Seminar organised by the UIA. Topic: Value your asset: how does it work? Consequences?
- Moderator at Barcelona Meeting Point, October 20, 2016. Topic: “RICS Futures: Real Estate & The New Marketing”
- Guest Speaker at “Oficinas Rethink” organized by Grupo Via (Barcelona), September, 20, 2016. Topic: “Demand tendencies”
- Guest Speaker at Smart City Expo World Congress (Barcelona), November, 18, 2015. Topic: “Real Estate Asset Management: Real Estate & Big Data”
- Moderator at ACI annual event in Madrid, November 12, 2015 (with Mr. Dennis Lopez, Global Chief Investment Officer, AXA IM – Real Assets)
- Guest Speaker at Barcelona Meeting Point, October 22, 2015. Topic: “Real Estate & Knowledge Management & Big Data”
- Guest Speaker at V Jornada BSSCH (BuildingSMART), October 21, 2015. Topic: BIM implementation.
- Moderator at RICS event: “El sector terciario en España: Presente y futuro” April 21, 2015, held at IE Business School – Madrid
- Guest Speaker at Barcelona Meeting Point, 29th October, 2014. Topic: International Building Surveys
- Organizer, RICS event: BIM & Real Estate Development held at La Salle Campus Barcelona – September 30th 2014
- Guest Speaker RICS Consultores, November 20th 2013, Madrid
- Guest Speaker at IX JORNADAS ORGANIZADAS POR EL CGPJ (Consejo General del Poder Judicial) y CSCAE (Consejo Superior de los Colegios de Arquitectos de España). November, 14-16, 2013, Zaragoza
- Co-Organizer and moderator of the RICS event: Industrialization to Construction held at IESE Business School - Barcelona, May 23rd 2013
- Guest Speaker at IESE Business School Madrid. Internacionalización en el Sector Inmobiliario. April 18th, 2013
- Guest Speaker at RICS Consultores, November 30th 2012, Madrid
- Co-Organizer and moderator of the RICS event: BIM Conference, 27th of September, 2012 held at IE Business School – Madrid
- Moderator at RICS event “Technical Due Diligence” held at ETSAM (Madrid), November 10th, 2011
- Guest Speaker at Universitat de Barcelona (Juliols de la UB), July 7th, 2011
- Guest Speaker at Club Immobiliari Alumni UB. December 13rd, 2010. Barcelona
- Moderator at Barcelona Meeting Point: Wednesday, November 7th 2007 “Sustainability and Commercial Real Estate”
- Lecturer at La Salle (External Collaborator) from 2002 to 2012
- MFM : Master in Facilities Management / MGIC: Master en Gestión Integral de la Construcción; Focus: Real Estate / Project and Facilities Management; Directed by Sebastia Roger (MFM)/ Gabriel Robert (MGIC)
- Lecturer at UOC (Universitat Oberta de Catalunya). MBA CCII. Topic: Valuations. (From 2010 to 2013)
- Lecturer at UPC Màster Europeu Valoracions Immobiliàries. UPC School. (Polytechnic University of Catalonia. Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura de Barcelona). (From 2016 - present)