Dr Vedran Zerjav
Lecturer in Infrastructure Project Management
The Bartlett Sch of Const & Proj Mgt
Faculty of the Built Environment
- Joined UCL
- 13th Mar 2014
I am an organisational researcher with a focus on project-based organisational forms and delivery of urban infrastructure and technologies. I am committed to impact-driven, interdisciplinary and collaborative research. As an empirical researcher I looked at a variety of settings (aviation, rail, healthcare, water engineering, technology development) and scales of implementation (medium-sized projects to major projects and programmes). I am a qualitative researcher using single and multiple case study designs involving semi-structured interview data and other qualitative sources. I also have a keen interest in novel methodologies for project studies.
I am currently Principal Investigator of two research grants (funding by ESRC and PMI).
Ongoing projects include:
- Business Innovation in Infrastructure- an exploration of value creation and capture models in infrastructure projects provision (with Dr Maria Gradillas Garcia and Prof Andy Davies).
- Management of Projects and Grand Challenges- investigating the potential and limitations of project, programme and portfolio management in the context of Climate Change (with Dr Efrosyni Konstantinou, Dr Carter Casady and Dr Kate Gasparro.)
- Project Bookends with Prof Andrew Edkins and Prof Michael Lewis (Theme B of 'Project X' a major research network that aims to improve major project delivery in the UK, established by nine universities in collaboration with the Infrastructure and Projects Authority).
- Novel methodologies for project studies in particular with the focus on configurational comparative approaches for project impact evaluation.
Besides the above, I am involved with the wider research community contributing to conference tracks, journal special issues in the space of project studies and project management. Examples of relevant academic bodies where I am actively participating include the Project Management Journal, European Group for Organisation Studies, the Project Organising Track of the European Academy of Management and the Engineering Project Organisation Journal.
I am currently supervising three PhD students and would welcome proposals covering following empirical settings.
- Major Infrastructure Delivery
- Technological Innovation
- Mission-driven Projects
- Inter-organisational Projects
- Critical Project Studies
- Big science international Projects
- Industrial R&D
- New Venture Development
- University College London
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ03 - Recognised by the HEA as a Fellow | 2018
- Technische Universitat Wien
- Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy | 2012
- University of Zagreb
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), Diplom- Ingenieur | 2006