Think London is the official foreign direct investment agency for London. It connects international businesses to London, helping them set up, succeed and grow.
- To improve the way London is marketed to investors
- To improve the way information is delivered to overseas investors.
The GIS helps Think London and London market themselves in a more intelligent, in-depth, punchy and proactive manner, and helps the organisation to focus its resources more efficiently. It also is:
- Improving the presentation of data concerning London by the use of static and interactive maps which help sell London as the best business location in Europe and the World
- The GIS gives Think London’s project managers the power to produce custom maps tailored to their customers needs. In addition, the GIS serves as a tool to improve the decision making process on where to locate in London.
The ongoing project has already allowed Think London to benefit from:
- Geographic analysis of economic and social factors across London for strategic clients. The quantitative research delivered arguments for expansion of the company’s activities in London, as opposed to out-of-London alternatives
- Quantitative proof through geographic analysis that shows that Think London is fulfilling its mission to attract business to London and its different regions
- Improved marketing material through the provision of maps showcasing London’s vibrant ethnic and business communities.
Further development will allow Think London to publish a mapping interface on the internet that will attract and retain potential investors on Think London’s website.
- Patrick Weber