We're challenging the most able students to develop robust knowledge and experience of architectural, environmental and structural design and engineering in buildings.
About the course
This four-year course has been designed in close collaboration with industry leaders, to combine the major disciplines of architecture and engineering of the built environment and prepare graduates to be future industry leaders.
Placing creativity and design at the centre of engineering education, this multidisciplinary course gives you the chance to understand and develop advanced design methodologies whilst becoming an expert in how they are augmented and resolved through engineering.
As a student on this programme, you’ll enjoy unrivalled spaces to work in, including new facilities at Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park as well as centrally located departments in Bloomsbury.
On this programme you will:
- Develop the skills to discover and grow your unique architectural and engineering vision
- Imagine, evolve simulate and test your designs, both in the Design Studio and the Lab
- Learn how to apply advanced virtual tools and physical 3D printing to produce and test prototype designs that transform your ideas into reality
- Master leading software tools, used across the global engineering and architectural industry
- Develop advanced leadership and communication to prepare you for a successful and rewarding career
As technical advances impact on the design process, component production, building site construction techniques and post occupancy evaluation, there is an every growing imperative for more holistic design thinking. This course promises to deliver new professionals set to engage in these criteria to define our future built environment.“
Ian Taylor, Managing Partner, Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
For more information, including entry requirements, contact details and how to apply, visit our online prospectus page.
A world-class teaching team is drawn from The Bartlett School of Architecture, the Institute for Environmental Design and Engineering (IEDE), and the Department of Civil Environmental and Geomatic Engineering (CEGE) as well as leading practitioners from across the globe.
Luke Olsen: Programme Director and Architectural Design Lead
Liora Malki-Epshtein: Structural Design and Engineering Lead
Dejan Mumovic: Environmental Design and Engineering Lead
The programme is designed to meet Engineering Council MEng and Architecture degree-level requirements. We are also actively seeking accreditation from the Joint Board of Moderators (JBM, which include IStructE and ICE), the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and Architects Registration Board (RIBA/ARB) Part 1 exemption.
Affiliated practices and institutes
The programme team are very closely linked to practices and institutions in particular:
- AKT II
- Buro Happold
- CIBSE – Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers
- EI – Energy Institute
- Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Foster + Partners
- Hoare Lea Consulting Engineers
- ICE – Institution of Civil Engineers
- IStructE – Institution of Structural Engineers
- Laing O’Rourke
- Price & Myers
- RIBA – Royal Institution of British Architects