Thinkspace: London's infrastructure: flows of people, data and finance
6:30 pm to 9:00 pm, 20 November 2018
This joint Thinkspace and Institute for Global Prosperity Director's Seminar includes panellists Paul Finch, Caroline Knowles, Nick Tyler and Riccardo di Clemente.
This event is free.
Jeremy Melvin020 3108 7337
G.1222 Gordon StreetLondonWC1H 0QBUnited Kingdom
The panel will discuss the urban flows, both material and intangible, that make up London. In exploring the dynamic between financialisation and urban process, Caroline Knowles will highlight the global conduits running through the city supporting the lifestyles of the city’s über-wealthy inhabitants. Nick Tyler and Riccardo di Clemente will demonstrate how improved understandings of human behaviour, and the use of innovative data sources, can help in rethinking the city and its transport systems in more inclusive ways.
Panel chair: Paul Finch, Editorial Director, Architect's Journal
- Caroline Knowles, Professor of Sociology, Goldsmiths, and Programme Director of the British Academy's Cities and Infrastructure Programme
- Nick Tyler, Chadwick Professor of Civil Engineering, UCL
- Riccardo di Clemente, Newton International Fellow of the Royal Society, Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, UCL
This event is a collaboration between IGP's Directors Seminar and Thinkspace.
Additional Thinkspace events
If you have any access requirements please let us know by sending us an email or calling 020 3108 7337.
Thinkspace is a forum for cross-disciplinary discussion and debate at UCL curated by Jeremy Melvin. Events are free and open to all. #thinkspace
Thinkspace is supported by Backstage Trust.
Previous Thinkspace events
- Thinkspace: Revolution
- Thinkspace: Truth, post-truth and culture
- Thinkspace: Public spaces and civic cultures
- Thinkspace: Corruption, Part 2
- Thinkspace: Corruption, Part 1
- Thinkspace: Food
Image credit: Thomas8047, Stairways, Creative Commons License