Getting to Cumberland Lodge
Heathrow Airport is about 20 minutes by car. See the Taxis section below for information on pre-booking a taxi.
There are a number of travel options from Gatwick:
- You can take a taxi directly from Gatwick to the Lodge (See the Taxis section below for information on pre-booking a taxi.)
- Take a train into London, then travel to London Waterloo by Underground, and then take the train to Egham (from there you can take a taxi)
- Take the airport link coach to Heathrow and from there by taxi.
The nearest train station to Cumberland Lodge is Egham (not Windsor!). Egham is approximately 3.5 miles or 10 minutes by taxi from Cumberland Lodge (there is a taxi waiting area at the station, or see the Taxis sections below for details on prebooking a taxi).
Travelling From Central London
You will need to travel to London Waterloo, from there you can take a fast train to Egham. The journey time is approximately 37 minutes. You can then take a taxi from Egham.
- TFL Journey Planner (for travel via bus/train/Underground in Central London)
- National Rail Planner (for National Rail timetables)
Detailed directions (including Sat Nav details) and a map of the park are available on the Cumberland Lodge website
There is a taxi waiting area at Egham station and a taxi office near the traffic lights on Station Road, 250 yards from the station. It is often best to book a taxi in advance to await your arrival at Egham Station or at an airport.
- Windsor Cars Ltd: 01753 677 677
- Egham Cars Ltd: 01784 434 484
- Egham Taxis 01784 433 933
Approximate fares: £10 from Egham, £25 from Heathrow, and £65 from Gatwick.