- Richard Ellis - Principal Investigator
- Aayush Saxena - Research Associate
- Mengtao Tang - Research Associate
- Mark Cunningham - PhD Student
- Emma Cryer - Summer Intern
- Rebecca Martin - Project Manager
- Yuichi Harikane - Assistant Professor (ICRR, University of Tokyo) and Honorary Research Associate (UCL)
- Harley Katz - Visitor, University of Oxford
- Kimihiko Nakajima - Assistant Professor at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ)
Previous Team members
- Sarah Bosman - Research Associate (now at Max Planck Institute, Heidelberg)
- Koki Kakiichi - Research Associate (now at University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Nicolas Laporte - Research Associate (now Senior Fellow at the Kavli Institute, University of Cambridge)
- Guido Roberts-Borsani - Research Associate (now at University of California, Los Angeles)
- Romain Meyer - PhD Student (now Research Associate at Max Planck Institute, Heidelberg)
- Pascal Förster - PhD Student
- Tom Fletcher - PhD Student
- Kiana Kade - MSc Student
- James Ray - MSc Student
- Adi Ramani - Summer Intern
Post-lock down group lunch 28th April 2021
To celebrate the gradual release of lockdown, the group had lunch together for the first time since September 2020 at the Bleeding Heart Bistro in a cobbled courtyard near Holborn, London. Urban legend has it that the courtyard’s name commemorates the murder of Lady Elizabeth Hatton whose family formerly owned the wealthy area. It is said her body was found here on 27 January 1646 with her heart still pumping blood. Despite this gruesome history, a good time was had by all!
After a sumptous lunch we visited nearby Ely Place, which used to be the London townhouse of the Bishops of Ely, Cambridgeshire from 1290 to 1772. Remarkably, until recently, this part of London was considered to be Cambridgeshire, with its own gatehouse (pictured) and beadles (a sort of police force).
First Light Summer Outing - July 2020
A slightly different summer outing in London during the Covid-19 pandemic (and the first 'in-person' meeting for the team since March!).
First Light Summer Outing - July 2019
On 17 July 2019, the First Light team took a summer outing - a self driven boat trip down the Regent's Canal.
View more photos of our trip here.
The First Light team at UCL - October 2018