Dr Quentin Changeat
Dept of Physics & Astronomy
Faculty of Maths & Physical Sciences
- Joined UCL
- 7th Jan 2021
I am a Postdoctoral researcher in Physics and Astronomy at the University College London where I study exoplanets atmospheres. I focus on the analysis of current and future observations of exoplanets to understand the physics and the chemistry of their atmospheres. Using data-oriented techniques, I have characterised the atmosphere of planets ranging from the temperate super-Earth LHS-1140b to the extremely-hot Jupiter KELT-9b. I am developing new tools to simulate and study large populations of exoplanet atmospheres from transit, eclipse and phase curve observations and evaluate the performances of next generation telescopes such as Ariel and JWST in answering some of the major questions of the field. My approach emphasises on the importance of mixing multiple disciplines to better understand exoplanet atmospheres.
- Luke Keyte (2020 UCL MSc thesis).
- Alexandra Thompson (2021 UCL MSc thesis)
- Lorenzo Pica Ciamarra (2021 UCL Summer intern)
Teaching programs and workshops:
- 2021 Biarritz Summer School ARES II.
- 2019 Biarritz Summer School ARES I.
- 2019 BSSL-ORBYTS Teaching program.
- University of Cambridge
- Masters, Part III Mathematics |
- Imperial College London
- Masters, MSc Environmental Technology |
- University College London
- Doctorate, PhD in Astrophysics |
- Ecole des Mines
- Masters, Engineering Degree |