Indicative Weekly Topics and Summer Reading List
Indicative Weekly topics:
- Week 1: Introduction to the course
- Week 2: Periodic table
- Week 3: Atomic structure and bonding, Introduction to chemical reactions
- Week 4: Chemical reactions
- Week 5: Visit to a conservation science lab
- Week 6: In which conditions do copper alloys become green?
- Week 7: pH
- Week 8: Synthesising a pigment
- Week 9: Solubility
- Week 10: Why are some varnishes so hard to remove?
Summer Reading List
- Ball, Philip. Bright Earth: The Invention of Colour. London: Vintage Books, 2001.