The UCL Institute of Archaeology is delighted to offer a Scholarship for International Masters Students for 2022-23 thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor.
The scholarship will enable one international fee paying student to undertake a year of study on one of the advertised MA or MSc degrees in Archaeology or Archaeological Sciences at the UCL Institute of Archaeology. It will provide support of up to £26,000 for the duration of their degree and funds can be used to support fees and/or maintenance costs at the recipient’s discretion.
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated academic excellence and promise and a demonstrated commitment to either world archaeology (in any region or period) or the application of scientific analysis to archaeological materials (dating archaeological materials, studies of artefact technology and provenancing, environmental approaches that provide information on past landscapes, climate, flora and fauna, as well as on diet and health, mathematical methods for data treatment (including computer-based methods), remote sensing and geophysical survey, digital mapping, and the practices of conservation sciences).
The following taught postgraduate degree programmes at the Institute of Archaeology are eligible:
- MA in Archaeology
- MA in Archaeology and Heritage of Asia
- MA in Archaeology and Heritage of Egypt and the Middle East
- MA in Artefact Studies
- MA in Mediterranean Archaeology
- MSc in Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials
- MSc in Bioarchaeology and Forensic Archaeology
- MSc in Computational Archaeology: GIS, Data Science and Complexity
- MSc in Environmental Archaeology
- MSc in Paleoanthropology and Palaeolithic Archaeology
The UCL Institute of Archaeology is one of the leading academic departments of archaeology in the UK and globally. The Institute is the largest department in its field in the UK, with an international research community, and the broadest range of coverage of any UK department. It offers a uniquely stimulating environment for the study of all fields of archaeology, and related areas of museum studies and heritage. With 60+ research-active staff pursuing high-quality research across five continents, the Institute is at the international forefront of teaching in all aspects of archaeology and heritage studies.
- Be an Overseas fee paying student
- Hold an offer, or have submitted a complete admissions application (with both references), for one of the listed MA Archaeology programme or MSc Archaeological Sciences programme at the Institute of Archaeology for the 2022-23 academic year
- The scholarship can be awarded to a full-time student only
- The scholarship will be awarded based on evidence of academic promise (taking into account the applicant’s scholarship statement and CV along with references and transcripts submitted in the UCL admissions application form)
A separate scholarship application form should be submitted to Lisa Daniel no later than 1 March. Any queries, please email Lisa Daniel, Graduate Admissions Administrator.