Baker, J., Brookes, S.J. and Reynolds, A. Landscapes of Governance: legal geographies and political order in Anglo-Saxon England, AD 400-1066.
Carroll, J., Reynolds, A. and Yorke, B. (eds), Power and Place in Early Medieval Europe. London: Proceedings of the British Academy.
Baker, J. and Brookes, S. 2015 'Identifying outdoor assembly sites in early medieval England', Journal of Field Archaeology 40.1, 3-21
S. and S. Brookes. 2014. A Multi-Phase Anglo-Saxon Site in Ewelme, Oxoniensia 79, 1-30
Baker, J. and Brookes, S. 2013 'Outside the gate: sub-urban legal practices in early medieval England', World Archaeology 45.5, 747-61
Baker, J. and Brookes, S. 2013 'Monumentalising the political landscape: a special class of Anglo-Saxon assembly-sites' Antiquaries Journal 94, 147-162
Baker, J. and Brookes, S. 2013 'Governance at the Anglo-Scandinavian interface: hundredal organisation in the southern Danelaw' Journal of the North Atlantic Special Issue 5, 76-95
Reynolds, A. 2013 'Judicial culture and social complexity: a general model from Anglo-Saxon England', in A. Reynolds and K. P. Smith (eds), The Archaeology of Legal Culture. World Archaeology 45.5, 699-713.
Reynolds, A. and Smith, K. P. 2013 'Introduction: the archaeology of legal culture', in A. Reynolds and K. P. Smith (eds), The Archaeology of Legal Culture. World Archaeology 45.5, 687-698.
Mallett, L., Reddish, S., Baker, J., Brookes, S. and A. Gaunt. 2012. Community archaeology at Thynghowe, Birklands, Sherwood Forest. Transactions of the Thoroton Society of Nottinghamshire 116, 53-72.
Baker, J., Brookes, S.J. and Reynolds, A. 2011. Landscapes of Governance: Assembly sites in England, fifth-eleventh centuries. Post-Classical Archaeologies 1, 499-502
Brookes, S.J. 2011. The lathes of Kent: a review of the evidence. In Brookes, S.J., Harrington, S. and Reynolds, A. (eds.). Studies in Early Anglo-Saxon Art and Archaeology: Papers in Honour of Martin G. Welch. British Archaeological Reports, 156-70
Brookes, S.J. and Harrington, S. 2010. The Kingdom and People of Kent AD 400-1066. Stroud: The History Press, pp 103-7
'Landscapes of Governance in early medieval England: an archaeological perspective' - Brookes. Brussels (27 October 2015)
- 'Polity and locality: unpicking the hundredal geography of Anglo-Saxon England' - Brookes, Conference of the English Landscapes and Identities Project ('EngLaId') Past Landscapes and Communities, Oxford (24 September 2015)
- 'Anglo-Saxon Assembly Places in Context' - Brookes. Berkshire Archaeological Society (18 October 2014)
- 'Scale and Scale change in early medieval England. Defining Kingdoms: sixth to tenth centuries' - Brookes, Sutton Hoo Society Conference (20 September 2014)
- 'Landscapes of Governance: Assembly Sites in England, Fifth - Eleventh Centuries' - Brookes, Session: Assembly Places, EAA Istanbul (13 September 2014)
- 'Triangulating Landscapes of Early Medieval Governance' - Brookes, Session: Old Worlds, New Histories: Towards an Integration of Archaeological and Historical Data-sets, EAA Istanbul (11 September 2014)
- 'Natural regional divisions of places in Domesday Book' - Brookes with Elsa Arcaute, The Connected Past, Imperial College London (9 September 2014)
- 'Landscapes of Governance' - Brookes, Huseby-Workshop - status quo, open questions and perspectives. Copenhagen (20 March 2014)
- 'Assemblies and commerce in Anglo-Saxon England: some summary observations' - Brookes, The Assembly Project workshop, Hall in Tirol, Austria (10 May 2013)
- 'Landscapes of Governance: some moot points' - Brookes, Medieval Studies Forum "England: Before and after the Conquest (16 March 2013)
- 'Gateways, Gates, and Gatu: liminal spaces at the centre of things' - Baker and Brookes, 63rd Sachsensymposion, Durham (05 September 2012)
- 'Landscapes of governance: Anglo-Saxon assemblies' - Brookes and Reynolds, Joint Seminars in Early Medieval Studies, British Museum (06 March 2012)
- 'Folk' cemeteries, assembly and territorial geography in early Anglo-Saxon England' - Brookes, Power and Place in Later Roman and Early Medieval Europe conference, London (11 November 2011)
- 'Assembly place-names: problems and possibilities'- Baker, Power and Place in Later Roman and Early Medieval Europe conference, London (November 2011)
- 'Place-names and Anglo-Saxon assembly sites' - Baker, SNSBI conference, Canterbury (15-17 April 2011)
- Moot and Hundred Meeting-Places day-school - Baker and Brookes, Institute of Continuing Education, Madingley Hall, Cambridge (10 April 2011)
- 'Landscapes of Governance' - Baker, CBA South Midlands spring conference, Northampton (9 April 2011)
- Anglo-Saxon Assembly, 25-27 March 2011, Oxford University Department for Continuing Education, Rewley House, Oxford. Speakers included: Prof A. Reynolds, Dr S. Brookes. Dr J. Baker, Dr S. Semple, Prof B. Yorke, Prof W. Davies, and others
- 'Place-names and the Anglo-Saxon landscape of the Cambridgeshire region' - Baker, Cambridge Antiquarian Society (December 2010)
- 'The place-names of Anglo-Saxon governance' - Baker, Kent Archaeological Society, Rochester (November 2010)
- 'Landscapes of Governance' - Baker, Community Landscape and Archaeology Survey Project AGM, Paulerspury, Northamptonshire (September 2010)
- 'Landscapes of Governance: a (preliminary) methods statement' - Brookes, The THING Project, Shetland/Orkney partner meeting (given in absentia 17/04/2010)
- 'Landscapes of Governance' - Baker, Thing Sites International Networking Group, Orkney (given in absentia April 2010)
- 'Assembly and civil defence' - Brookes, Icelandic Assembly Group Conference. Þingvellir, Iceland (7/09/2008)