- Assistant Director & Head of Fieldwork Services, Archaeology South-East
- Senior Project Manager
- Urban archaeology
- Fieldwork procedure and methodology
- Tendering for a wide variety and size of projects
- Production of method statements (Written Schemes of Investigation) and project designs
- Management of field projects from inception to completion
- Management of project budgets
- Management of post excavation programme
- Management of company health & safety
- 2004 Assistant Director & Senior Project Manager. Archaeology South-East
- 2003-2004. Senior Project Manager. AOC Archaeology, London.
- 2000-2003. Senior Project Officer & Archive Officer. AOC Archaeology, London.
- 2000. Assistant supervisor. Archaeological Museum, Denia, Alicante, Spain.
- 1997-1999. Supervisor & Archive Officer. AOC Archaeology, London.
- 1996. Supervisor, Beirut Excavation Project, ACRE./AUB.
- 1995-1996. Archaeologist, Sudan Archaeological Research Society, British Museum.
- 1994-1997. Archaeological Site Assistant and Site Supervisor with Wessex Archaeology, Southern Archaeology, Tempvs Reparatvm, RPS Clouston, Museum of London Archaeology Service, National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside, Chester City Council Archaeological Service, Earthworks Archaeological Services and The Heritage Network.
- 1994 - BA History and English, Chester College of Higher Education.
- Palmer, D in press, ‘An Excavation at 7 Deptford Broadway, London’ London Archaeologist.
- Palmer, D in press ‘Excavations carried out as part of the Chertsey Revitalisation Scheme, Surrey’ Surrey Archaeological Society Bulletin.