- BA, MA, PhD
- AHRC Research Associate, Crowd- and Community-Fuelled Archaeological Research (2014-2015)
Archaeological inventories and databases: documentation, data collection and management, GIS, database assessment; Israeli and Palestinian archaeological practice and cultural heritage management; digital heritage and computer applications in archaeology.
Research Directory Records
2005-2009: Member of the Israeli Palestinian Archaeology Working Group, in collaboration with Tel Aviv University, UCLA and USC, creating the West Bank and East Jerusalem Archaeological Database – an inventory of Israeli archaeological activity in the West Bank between 1967 and 2007.
- 2013: PhD in Heritage Studies, UCL Institute of Archaeology
Thesis title: Israeli and Palestinian Archaeological Inventories, GIS and Conflicting Cultures in the Occupied West Bank
- 2007: MA in Archaeology (summa cum laude), Tel Aviv University
Thesis title: The Megiddo Picture Pavement: Evidence for Egyptian Presence in Northern Canaan during Early Bronze Age I
- 2002: BA in Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures (summa cum laude; majoring in Egyptology and Classical Archaeology), Tel Aviv University
- Keinan, A. forthcoming. The Archaeological Site Database for the West Bank, in: T.E. Levy, S.H. Savage, C. Baru and O. LaBianca (eds.), Portal Science and Archaeology – Views from the Mediterranean Lands. Equinox Handbooks in Anthropological Archaeology. London: Equinox.
- Keinan, A. 2013. Israeli and Palestinian Archaeological Inventories, GIS and Conflicting Cultures in the Occupied West Bank (unpublished PhD dissertation). London: University College London.
- Keinan, A. 2013. Part II: Sub-Area Lower J, in: I. Finkelstein, D. Ussishkin and E. Cline (eds.), Megiddo V: The 2004-2008 Seasons. Monograph Series of the Sonia and Marco Nadler Institute of Archaeology no. 31. Tel Aviv; Winona Lake, IN: Emery and Claire Yass Publications in Archaeology; Eisenbrauns, 28-46.
- Keinan, A. 2010. Archaeological Inventories and Cultural Heritage Management in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Forum Archaeologiae 55/VI/2010 (http://farch.net).
- Keinan, A. 2009. Conference Review: WAC Inter-Congress Archaeology in Conflict, Vienna, Austria, 6-10 April 2010. Conservation and Management of Archaeological Sites 11(3-4): 354-355.
- Greenberg, R. and Keinan, A. 2009. Israeli Archaeological Activity in the West Bank 1967-2007: A Sourcebook: The West Bank and East Jerusalem Archaeological Database Project. Jerusalem: Ostracon.
- Keinan, A. 2007. The Megiddo Picture Pavement: Evidence for Egyptian Presence in Northern Israel during Early Bronze Age I (unpublished MA thesis). Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv University. (Hebrew, with English abstract)
- Keinan, A. 2007. Pavement Stone Depicting a Figure with a Harp, in: J. Goodnick-Westenholz (ed.), Sounds of Ancient Music. Jerusalem: Keter Press: 152.
- Greenberg, R. and Keinan, A. 2007. The Present Past of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Israeli Archaeology in the West Bank and East Jerusalem since 1967. The S. Daniel Abraham Center for International and Regional Studies, Research Papers: No. 1. Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv University.