Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship competition 2022-23
6 September 2021
The UCL Institute of Archaeology is supporting applications for Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships with an internal deadline of 14 October 2021 for consideration of applications.
Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships aim to provide career development opportunities for those who are at a relatively early stage of their academic careers, but who have a proven record of research.
Support for Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships at UCL involves a two-stage internal competition, firstly at departmental and then at Faculty level.
- The Institute of Archaeology (IoA) internal deadline for applications will be 5pm on Thursday 14 October 2021
- Applicants should fully complete the attached template application form (the form replicates the online application, which will not be available before the Faculty deadline) and submit their draft applications by email to Jo Dullaghan, IoA Research Administrator, by the above deadline. Prospective referees should be named on the form but do not need to be contacted at this stage.
- Applicants should confirm their eligibility to apply to the scheme and have the agreed support of a mentor at the Institute of Archaeology who will need to complete a supporting statement as part of the application process. The mentor statement, which is also required by the above deadline, should comment on: (a) the proposed project, including its objectives, methods, outputs, and feasibility, as well as its importance to the discipline; (b) the applicant’s preparation to conduct the research; (c) the project’s relationship to the mentor’s expertise, departmental strengths, and broader institutional fit.
- Full eligibility criteria, guidance and application notes on how to fill out the application can be found on the Leverhulme Trust ECF webpages.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to get as much critical feedback as possible on their draft proposals in advance of submission to the IoA panel.
Following consideration by the IoA panel, selected applications will be submitted to the Faculty-level competition (deadline: 18 November 2021). Applicants successful at the Faculty-level competition will then be mentored through the application submission process to the funder.
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship scheme
- UCL Faculty of Social and Historical Sciences Fellowships webpage
- Any enquiries may be directed to Jo Dullaghan, IoA Research Administrator