UCL Institute of Archaeology International Masters Student Award
5 May 2020
The UCL Institute of Archaeology is delighted to offer a new scholarship for International Masters Students for 2020-21 thanks to a generous individual donation.
This new scholarship will enable one international fee-paying student to undertake a year of study on one of the advertised MA or MSc degrees in Archaeology or Archaeological Sciences at the Institute. It will provide support of up to £26,000 for the duration of their degree and funds can be used to support fees and/or maintenance costs at the recipient’s discretion.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence and promise and a demonstrated commitment to either world archaeology (in any region or period) or the application of scientific analysis to archaeological materials (dating archaeological materials, studies of artefact technology and provenancing, environmental approaches that provide information on past landscapes, climate, flora and fauna, as well as on diet and health, mathematical methods for data treatment (including computer-based methods), remote sensing and geophysical survey, digital mapping, and the practices of conservation sciences).
Applications are eligible for the following taught postgraduate degrees at the Institute:
- MA in Archaeology
- MA in Mediterranean Archaeology
- MA in Archaeology and Heritage of Asia
- MA in Archaeology and Heritage of Egypt and the Middle East
- MA in Artefact Studies
- MSc in Archaeological Science: Technology and Materials
- MSc in Bioarchaeology and Forensic Archaeology
- MSc in Computational Archaeology: GIS, Data Science and Complexity
- MSc in Environmental Archaeology
- MSc in Palaeoanthropology and Palaeolithic Archaeology