Evolutionary Dynamics of Enset Vegeculture in Ethiopia
20 November 2023, 5:00 pm–6:00 pm
The sixth seminar in the UCL Institute of Archaeology Research Seminar series for Term I, 2023-24 will be given by Cristina Castillo & Dorian Fuller on 20 November.
This event is free.
- UCL staff | UCL students | UCL alumni
Archaeological Sciences Section
Room 609UCL Institute of Archaeology31-34 Gordon SquareLondonWC1H 0PYUnited Kingdom
UCL Institute of Archaeology Research Seminars Programme | Term I, 2023-24
The Term I seminar series will again highlight current Institute of Archaeology research. These are scheduled to be in-person events; where speakers have agreed, a recording may be made available afterwards.
- 9 October: Victoria Lucas (Archaeological Sciences): "Everything Old is New Again" early medieval glass recycling: technology, change, and resourcefulness
- 16 October: Jan Kolar (Archaeological Sciences): Prehistoric demography, social transformations and woodland in Central Europe
- 23 October: Giacomo Fontana (World Archaeology): Computational and landscape approaches to non-urban political centralisation in the 1st millennium BCE Mediterranean: the Samnites
- 30 October: Speaker tbc (World Archaeology): Title to follow
[6 November: Reading Week - no seminar]
- 13 November: Johanna Zetterstrom Sharp (Heritage Studies): Mid-century Museum ‘Best’ Practice and Self-Defined Anti-Racism
- 20 November: Cristina Castillo & Dorian Fuller (Archaeological Sciences): Evolutionary Dynamics of Enset Vegeculture in Ethiopia - this seminar will take place in Room 609 (Staff & Research Student Common Room)
- 27 November: Rafie Cecilia & Theano Moussouri (Heritage Studies): Inclusive Digital Museum Innovation
- 4 December: Julia Shaw (World Archaeology): Ecological ethics, environmental protest, and place-making
- 11 December: Rodney Harrison (Heritage Studies): Ghosts of Solid Air: Using Augmented Reality to Engage with Debates Regarding Contested Monuments in London