Domestic life in later prehistory: Bronze Age-Iron Age Cladh Hallan
10 October 2022, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
The second seminar in the UCL Institute of Archaeology Research Seminar series for Term I, 2022-23 will be given by Mike Parker Pearson on 10 October.
This event is free.
- UCL staff | UCL students | UCL alumni
Institute of Archaeology Sections
UCL Institute of Archaeology Research Seminars Programme | Term I, 2022-23
The Term I seminar series will again highlight current Institute of Archaeology research. The format of the series is still to be confirmed and will involve either hybrid events or virtual seminars only.
- 3 October: Georgia Andreou (World Archaeology): Reconstructing Gaza's maritime past: New surveys at Tell Ruqeish and Tell es-Sakan
- 10 October: Mike Parker Pearson (World Archaeology): Domestic life in later prehistory: integrated multi-method analysis of roundhouse floors at Bronze Age-Iron Age Cladh Hallan
- 17 October: Rafie Cecilia (Heritage Studies): Creating accessible digital images for visually impaired museum audiences and researchers
- 24 October: Miljana Radivojevic (Archaeological Sciences) & Ben Roberts (Durham): The Rise of Metallurgy in Eurasia: archaeological science and new interpretations
- 31 October: Claudia Naeser (World Archaeology): Life and Death in Medieval Nubia: New discoveries from Mograt island
[7 November: Reading Week - no seminar]
- 14 November: Ellen Pavey (Heritage Studies): Title to be confirmed
- 21 November: Sada Mire (Heritage Studies): Title to be confirmed
- 28 November: Bill Sillar (Archaeological Sciences) & Louise Rayner (ASE), Ian Jackson et al: From the Medway to Butser: The excavation and experimental reconstruction of a Romano-British Kiln
- 5 December: Dominic Perring (World Archaeology): The archaeology of Roman London and its contribution to our understanding of the ancient world
- 12 December: Matthew Pope (Archaeological Sciences) & Letty Ingrey (ASE): Title to be confirmed