|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1856 Brash, R.R.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 111: `Brash describes a stone from this place'.|
Power et al/1997, 171: `According to Brash (1879, 133), a stone `bearing a mutilated inscription' was found in 1856 in a burial ground...at Knockrour (in fact the site straddles two townlands, the other being Oughtihery)...The stone was lost shortly after its discovery and nothing is now known of its whereabouts'.
|Dimensions:||0.33 x 0.33 x 0.25 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
|Setting:||Lost (present 1879, missing 1945)|
|Location:||Recorded by Brash, not seen since,|
Poweret al/1997, 171: `nothing is now known of its whereabouts'.
Macalister/1945, 111: `triangular in horizontal section, the three sides being, respectively, 1' 1", 1' 0" and 0' 10" broad'.
|Condition:||n/a , n/a|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Brash, R.R. (1879):||B[--]Q[--]HAGA[--]DL|
Macalister/1945 111 reading only
Power/etal/1997 171 reading only
|Position:||ind ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 111: `The inscription was in the centre of one of the angles'.
Macalister/1945, 111, cites Brash describing the lettering as 'scores'.
|Language:||Incomplete Information (ogham)|
|Palaeography:||Macalister/1945, 111: `Brash gives scores which spell out|
The first two letters look like remains of MAQI, but otherwise nothing can be made of this'.
Macalister/1945, 111: `much worn'.