|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1913 Delap, M.J.|
|History:||Macalister/1945, 227, states that an M.J. Delap was the first recorder of the stone in 1913. Macalister also states that he had not seen the stone for the last 27 years.|
|Geology:||Macalister/1945, 227: `reddish slate'.|
|Dimensions:||0.99 x 0.36 x 0.2 (converted from Macalister/1945)|
Macalister/1945, 227: `Wedged round with stones in a standing position on the top of a carn about 100' in diameter and 5' high, locally called Leacht Fhionáin, on the old road over the brow of Drung Hill to Caherciveen, and on the boundary between Kilkeehagh and Gleenesk townlands'.
|Condition:||complete , some|
Macalister/1945, 227, talks of scaling on the stone.
Macalister/1945, 227: `a modern cross is scratched upon the eastern face of the stone'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1918):||MAQIR[O!][--][A!]|
Macalister/1945 227 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; arris ; n/a ; undecorated|
Macalister/1945, 227: `Inscription on the angle turned toward the road'.
Macalister/1945, 227, indicates that five letters are clear but that after the R there is `a single vowel notch...and possibly a second, after which everything is scaled away for 8.5'', and one vowel notch follows'.