|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1872 Petrie, G.|
|History:||This stone is recorded as either Macalister/1899, no. 129, or no. 165. It may in fact be both since the description of these two stones is the same, and no other inscription from Clonmacnoise reads [--]UID[--].|
Macalister/1909, 2 and 42 identifies this stone with Petrie/1872, Fig. 66, an identification to which he presumably still adhered in 1949 as this stone of Petrie's does not otherwise appear.
Macalister/1949, 43, records the stone as still on site.
|Dimensions:||0.21 x 0.17 x 0.04 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Petrie, G. (1872):||CIRINI|
Petrie/1872 35, Fig. 66 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||--]UID[--|
Macalister/1909 2 reading only
Macalister/1949 43 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; n/a ; n/a ; undecorated|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is half-uncial. The D has an ascender which bends to the left over an open bow, and which also has a wedge-shaped finial.|
The first letter is broken in two, but the others are clear.