|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1909 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||First recorded in Macalister/1909, 18.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 49.
|Dimensions:||0.23 x 0.15 x 0.11 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
Macalister/1909, 18: `small fragment...apparently of the head of a Celtic cross'.
|Condition:||frgmntry , poor|
Macalister/1909, 18: `fragment, much scaled'.
|Crosses:||1: inc; outline; straight; plain; ind; ind; ind; ind; plain|
Macalister/1909, 18: `apparently of the head of a Celtic cross'.
Macalister/1949, 49: `Fragment bearing the head of a...cross'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||O~T~ | DO [--|
OROIT DO [--
Macalister/1909 18 reading only
Macalister/1949 49 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; mixed ; undivided|
The inscription begins above and to the left of the upright of the cross and continues further down the upright.
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The initial OT has a contraction mark over it, and the D has an ascender which bends to the left over an open bow.|
Macalister/1909, 18: `much scaled'.
All that survives is four letters of what must have been a longer inscription.