|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1899 Macalister, R.A.S.|
|History:||First recorded as Macalister/1899, no. 160.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 44.
|Dimensions:||0.41 x 0.18 x 0.14 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||incomplete , poor|
The piece is broken around all its edges, but the surviving stone seems in reasonable condition.
|Decorations:||no other decoration|
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||--]MUIR[--] | [--]MURTH[--] | [--]ISTIUS E[--] | [--]PONTI[--] | NESOPH[--] | TESITU[S][--|
--]MUIR[CERTACH FILIUS] MURTH[--]ISTIUS E[CCLESIAE--]PONTI[FICE][--]NE SOPH[--]TESITUS[--
Macalister/1909 3 reading only
Macalister/1949 44, Plate X reading only
|Position:||n/a ; inc ; n/a ; undecorated|
|Palaeography:||CISP: The inscription is in half-uncial. The first two ascenders of the Ms are joined by a curved stroke at the bottom; the Rs are majuscule; the Es are closed and the Ps have open bows.|
Macalister/1949, 44: `Fragment bearing six lines of writing...but too much broken for certain restoration'.