|Discovery:||first mentioned, 1909 Macalister, R.A.S|
|History:||First recorded in Macalister/1909, 34.|
Recorded as still on site in Macalister/1949, 56.
|Dimensions:||0.27 x 0.23 x 0.05 (converted from Macalister/1949)|
|Condition:||frgmntry , good|
|Crosses:||1: inc; outline; straight; half-round; ind; none; ind; ind; decorated|
Macalister/1909, 34: `Fragments bearing a looped terminal containing a key-pattern'.
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1909):||--]A | [--]AC|
Macalister/1909 34 reading only
|Macalister, R.A.S. (1949):||--]A/E | [--]AC|
Macalister/1949 56 reading only
|Position:||n/a ; broad ; within quadrants ; separated|
The surviving inscription is in two vertical lines and the second of these is certainly running upwards. The inscription is contained within the two upper quadrants.
|Palaeography:||CISP: Macalister/1909, Plate XXVII shows one of the A's in the `OC' form, while Macalister/1949, Plate XX, shows this letter as an A/E ligature. In spite of this uncertainty it seems likely that the inscription is in half-uncial.|