Maya on the Thames
Publication date: Jun 09, 2014 03:06 PM
Sep 19, 2014 05:30 PM
End: Sep 21, 2014 05:00 PM
Location: UCL Institute of Archaeology
Maya Myths and Glyphs 2014
Come to Maya-on-the-Thames for some fun and games! This September we will be learning about the ancient Maya ballgame and hieroglyphs.
Maya Myths and Glyphs 2014 includes an introductory public lecture, short presentations and activities on Maya culture, Maya cities, trade and travel, the calendar and much more as well as a variety of workshop sessions and a ballgame tournament.
- Full details of the programme and information on how to register for the event is available on the Maya Glyphs Workshop website.
- Any enquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
Related talks will be given at the British Museum nearby in the lead up to the workshop:
- Wednesday 10 September - Maya Writing at Copan
- Saturday 13 September - Maya Art: The Rulers of Yaxchilan
- Wednesday 17 September - The Mysteries of the Crystal Skull
The event is supported by the UCL Public Engagement Unit and the Institute of Archaeology.