South American Archaeology Seminar
Dec 07, 2013 09:45 AM
End: Dec 07, 2013 05:00 PM
Location: Room 612, Institute of Archaeology
The South American Archaeology Seminar, co-sponsored by the Institute for the Study of the Americas at the School for Advanced Studies, University of London and the Institute of Archaeology, will be held on 7 December.
Seminar organiser: Bill Sillar
9.45am - Coffee / Registration
- 10:15am - Nicole M. Slovak-Villano (Santa Rosa Junior College, USA) Changing Dynamics on Peru’s Central Coast: An Analysis of Physical and Cultural Variables from Early and Late Middle Horizon Tombs at Ancón, Peru
- 10:45am - Katarzyna Marciniak (University of Warsaw, Poland) Zooarchaeology analysis of skeletal remains from Inca ceremonial and administrative centre Maucallacta
- 11.15am - Daniel A. Contreras (Kiel University, Germany) Reconciling Sequences and Peering at the Horizon: Bayesian Modelling of Excavation, Architectural, and Ceramic Chronologies at Chavín de Huántar
- 12:45pm - Alice V. M. Samson (University of Cambridge, UK) Becoming villagers in the pre-Columbian Caribbean
- 1:15pm - José Iriarte (University of Exeter, UK) Pre-Columbian fire-free land use of Amazonian savannas.
- 1:45pm - Jose Oliver (University College London, UK) New Radiocarbon Dates & Starch Grain Analyses from the Site of Saladero, Lower Orinoco, Venezuela
- 3:00 - Sara Gonzalez (Birkbeck and Oxford University, UK) Colonial Portraits of the Incas and Andean Cultural Heroes.
- 3:30 - Leonora Duncan (British Museum, UK) Public Perceptions of El Dorado: A Case Study from the British Museum
- 4:00 - Alexandra Morgan (Independent scholar, UK) The Riddle of the Tiahuanacoïd Stelae
Please e-mail Bill Sillar to reserve a place at the seminar. Participants will be asked to make a contribution of £7.50 towards the cost of coffee, tea, lunch & administration on the day.
The next South American Seminar will be held on Saturday 10 May 2014. If you would like to give a talk at a future seminar or for further information please e-mail Bill Sillar.
Co sponsored by: