Visiting and joining the UCL Institute of Archaeology Library
The UCL Institute of Archaeology Library welcomes visitors and external users who wish to make use of our specialist collections.
All access arrangements for the Institute Library are in line with UCL Library Services' membership policies. Anyone wishing to make use of the Institute Library should make arrangements through Library Services and not the Institute department.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM MONDAY 27TH APRIL UNTIL MONDAY 15TH JUNE (THE UCL EXAM PERIOD) THERE IS NO ACCESS TO ANY UCL LIBRARIES, INCLUDING THE INSTITUTE OF ARCHAEOLOGY LIBRARY, FOR EXTERNAL USERS.
Borrowing access is restricted to:
- Current students and staff of UCL
- Research and inter-collegiate students and staff from the University of London (excepting Imperial College)
- NHS employees
- Research students or staff from universities and museums participating in the SCONUL Band A borrowing scheme or the M25 Access Scheme
- Alumni (ex-students) of UCL and the Institute of Archaeology (prior to the merger with UCL)
- Members of learned societies (including the Museums Association)
Reference access is also available to visitors who wish to make use of our collections. In most cases, a fee will be charged. Application should be made in advance to the Institute Library or to the Head of Membership for UCL Library Services.
Visitors may register at the Issue Desk on the day of their visit, but are strongly advised to consult the UCL Library Services web site in advance. Please bring along the required identification and proof of address stated here. Applications will not be accepted without them.
Sources of information
- Information for visitors
- Opening hours, access arrangements and location
- Eduroam wireless lap-top use for visitors from other academic institutions
- Arrangements for affiliate academics
- UCL maps and locations