Institute of Archaeology
- News and Events
- Study Here
- Archaeology Collections at UCL
- Archival Material
- Fieldwork equipment
- Archaeobotany Collections
- Archaeological & Geographical Information Systems Laboratory
- Zooarchaeology Laboratory
- Conservation Laboratories
- Geoarchaeology Laboratory
- Lithics Laboratory
- Wolfson Archaeological Science Laboratories
- Photographic Laboratory
- Ceramic Petrography Analytical Service
- Green Archaeology
- Centre for Applied Archaeology
- Research and Teaching Excellence
- 75th Anniversary
Ceramic Petrography Analytical Service
- Professional thin section petrographic and geochemical analysis of archaeological pottery, CBM, metallurgical ceramics, building stone, plaster and lithics, for the interpretation of provenance and craft technology.
- Prehistoric, Roman, Medieval, Post-Med and industrial artefacts analysed from UK and further afield.
- Geologically trained with nearly 20 years experience in archaeological petrography.
- Analysis on single artefacts or larger projects as needed.
- Services include thin section preparation, petrographic analysis, microphotography and full interpretation.
Petrographic Analysis of Iron Age Metallurgical Ceramics from the Nok Culture, Nigeria. 2016/111
- Materials Analysis of Tibetan Bon Shamanic Amulet. 2015/109
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from the Usmanovo 3 Burial Ground, Kazburun Region, Southern Transurals, Russia. 2016/108
- Petrographic Analysis of Medieval Greyware Ceramics from the Kiln
Site of Dyke Cottage, Arkley and Consumption Sites in Hertfordshire and north
- Petrographic Analysis of Late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age Quernstone from Raunds,
Northamptonshire, UK . 2015/106
- Petrographic Analysis of Late Medieval LMT Pottery from Plumstead, Norwich, UK.
- Petrographic Analysis of Roman Sugar Loaf Court Ware Ceramics from Bloomberg Place, London. 2015/104
- Petrographic Analysis of Imported Roman Ceramics from Bloomberg
Place, London. 2015/103
- Petrographic and Geochemical Analysis of Roman Verulamium Grey Ware Ceramics from Bloomberg Place, London. 2015/102
- Petrographic Analysis of Plaster from Nymphaeum, Argotti Gardens, Floriana, Malta. 2015/101
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from The Old Dairy, Amesbury, Wiltshire, UK. 2015/100
- Petrographic Analysis of Neolithic Ceramics from Jebel Moya,
- Petrographic Analysis of Ceramics from an Early Roman Pottery Production Site
at Moorfield Road, Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK. 2015/98
- Petrographic and Geochemical Analysis of Viking Finno-Baltic/Type AIII Ceramics
from Birka, Sweden. 2015/97
- Petrographic Analysis of Roman Ceramic Building Material from Harelbeke,
- Petrographic Analysis of Roman Ceramics from Pentney, Norfolk. 2015/94
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from Aston Hall,
- Scanning Electron Microanalysis Analysis of Medieval Furnace Samples from Sigtuna, Sweden. 2015/91
- Petrographic Analysis of Prehistoric Ceramics from Ryhall Substation Site, Rutland, England. 2015/90