The Institute has a variety of field equipment resources for use in its teaching and research activities. This is a selection of the equipment available to staff and students.
- Sony digital cameras and tripods
- Leica Flexline TS06 total station
- Bartington Grad 601-2 dual gradiometer
- ArcheoSurveyor 2 software
- Geoscan Resitivity Meter RM85
- Foerster 4 probe magnetometry cart system
- Bartington magnetic susceptibility meter
- Fieldwork Laptop
- D-section peat auger
- Sand auger
- Ph meter
- First aid kits
Booking requests for teaching or research use must be made (in writing) to Sandra Bond in the first instance. Equipment must be returned promptly at the end of the agreed loan period and any faults/problems reported as soon as they arise. College insurance can be extended for equipment taken into the field on payment of a premium. The chair of Facilities can take Chairman's action to resolve any booking disputes. Please note that consumable items (such as finds bags) need to be ordered and paid for in advance.