- Senior Archaeologist
- Palaeolithic/Mesolithic lithics, landscapes and lifeways
- Prespection methods for early prehistoric archaeology
- Big data and archaeology
- Presentation of prehistory to diverse audiences
- Experienced excavator and surveyor
- Geoarchaeological investigations and sampling
- Geophysical Survey: magnetometry, earth resistance, GPR
- ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Geoplot, ReflexW GPR software
- 2015-Present - Senior Archaeologist, Archaeology South-East
- 2007-2015 - Archaeologist, Freelance
- 2013-2014 - Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of York
- 2012-2013 - Project Manager, University of York
- 2007-2013 - Postgraduate Tutor, University of York
- 2007-2012 - Archaeologist, Landscape Research Centre
- 2006-2007 - Project Supervisor, Network Archaeology
- 2003-2006 - Project Archaeologist, Archaeological Services Durham University
- 2003 - Archaeological Excavator, Hertfordshire Archaeological Trust
- 2002 - Site Assistant, Irish Archaeological Consultancy
- PhD Archaeology, University of York
- MSc Archaeological Research, University of York
- BA (Hons) Archaeology, University of Durham
Membership of Learned Societies and Professional Recognition
- Associate, Higher Education Academy
- CSCS card
- Ice Age Island: 2012 - Present - Project investigating Pleistocene and early Holocene landscapes in Jersey (Channel Islands): Director of excavations at Les Varines Magdalenian encampment
- LaMP: La Manche Prehistoric Research Group: Archaeological and geoarchaeological investigations at Middle Palaeolithic site of La Cotte de St Brelade (Jersey) and associated sites
- The Mesolithic and the Planning Process in England: Analysing the Mesolithic from its manifestation in grey literature: examining the importance of discoveries, knowledge transfer, fieldwork methods and assemblage composition: Doctoral Researcher
- Mesolithic Research and Conservation Framework: Coordinating the development of the Mesolithic Research and Conservation Framework for English Heritage: Project Manager
- POSTGLACIAL: Geophysical prospection, coring and excavation at Star Carr and associated Palaeolithic and Mesolithic sites in the Vale of Pickering
Milner, N, Blinkhorn, E, Hadley, P and E Hellewell 2015. 'The Meso-what? The public perception of the Mesolithic', in N. Ashton and C. Harris (eds.) No Stone Unturned: Papers in Honour of Roger Jacobi. London: LSS, 233-247.
Blinkhorn, E and Milner, N 2013. Mesolithic Research and Conservation Framework. York: English Heritage, University of York and Council for British Archaeology. Available at: http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archives/view/meso_framework/downloa...
Blinkhorn, E and Milner, N 2013. Developing a Mesolithic Research and Conservation Framework: Resource Assessment. York: English Heritage, University of York and Council for British Archaeology. Available at: http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archives/view/meso_framework/downloa...
Blinkhorn, E, 2013. 'Geophysical Survey at the El Kurru Cemetery', in Emberling, G., Dann, R. J., Abdelwahab Mohamed-Ali, M., Skuldbøl, T. B. B., Cheng, J., & Blinkhorn, E. 'New Excavations at El-Kurru: Beyond the Napatan Royal Cemetery'. Sudan and Nubia 17, 56-60.
Finch, J, Armstrong, D, Blinkhorn, E and Barker, D 2013. 'Surveying Caribbean cultural landscapes: Mount Plantation, Barbados and its global connections' Internet Archaeology 35. Available at: http://intarch.ac.uk/journal/issue35/finch_toc.html
Blinkhorn, E In prep. 'Ritual', in A Little and B Elliott (eds.) Mesolithic Britain and Ireland: 10 years on.
Conneller, C, Bates, M, Blinkhorn, E, Cole, J, Pope, M, Shaw, A and B Scott Forthcoming 'The Mesolithic of the Channel Islands'. Paper submitted to Proceedings of the Prehistoric Society.
Scott, B, Shaw, A, Blinkhorn, E, Conneller, C and Lewis, S In prep. 'A new Levallois site at West Street, Finglesham, Kent'.
Blinkhorn, E In press 'Magnetic Survey', in Maggidis, C. (ed.) The Lower Town of Mycenae: Geophysical Survey 2003-2012 (Vol 1) (to be published by the Athens Archaeological Society).