UCL Graduate Research/Overseas Research/China Scholarships (GRS/ORS/CSC)
Deadline for application: 4pm on Friday 4th January 2019
- Home | EU | Overseas
- UK/EU fee paying applicants will be considered for the GRS, and overseas fee paying students will be considered for both the GRS and ORS, and, if applicable, the CSC
- The application procedure is the same for both scholarships. Applicants must submit a PhD application to UCL admissions and submit the additional documentation required for the scholarship application to the department (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline. Applicants should secure the approval of a potential supervisor before submitting their application.
- Graduate Research Scholarship (GRS)
- Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS)
- China Scholarships Council (CSC)
UCL Bloomsbury and East London Doctoral Training Partnership (UBEL DTP) | Economics and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Home | EU | Overseas
- Overseas applicants must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for three years (not including time spent in the UK solely for the purpose of higher education) to be eligible for studentships.
- EU applicants who have not been ordinarily resident in the UK for three years can apply for funding towards tuition fees only.
- For research projects in Anthropology of a social and economic nature.
- As well as the usual ESRC studentships offered, there are also Soc-B awards available for projects in the bio-social area.
- ESRC-recognised '1+3' pathway (funding for four years where '1' is the MRes Anthropology or MSc Anthropology, Environment and Development degree and '3' is the MPhil/PhD Anthropology degree).
- ESRC-recognised '+3' pathway (three years of MPhil/PhD funding for students with a Masters degree).
(a) UCL Bloomsbury and East London Doctoral Training Partnership (UBEL DTP)
The deadline to submit a preliminary application is Tuesday 8th January 2019 and the deadline for those invited to submit a full application will be Monday 4th March 2019.
(c) Projects involving Advanced Quantitative Methods (AQM)
Deadline is WEDNESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2018 at 4.00pm (GMT)
(d) ESRC UBEL DTP Postdoctoral Scholarships
All applicants must submit a preliminary application via the FluidReview portal by 21 January 2019. Successful candidates in the preliminary round will then need to send a completed full application to the DTP along with the required attachments by 16.00 on 22 March 2019. The DTP will peer review the proposals and make funding decisions on behalf of ESRC by 28 June 2019.
London Arts and Humanities Partnership (LAHP) | Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
Deadline for application: 28th January 2019 at 23.59
- Home | EU
- For research projects in Anthropology with an arts and humanities focus.
- Applicants should submit their LAHP application via the LAHP website and a PhD application to UCL admissions by 11.59pm on Sunday 21st January 2018. Applicants should secure the approval of a potential supervisor before submitting their application.
- 26th November 2018 – Applications open via the LAHP website
- 18th January 2019 Date by which applicants MUST have submitted an application for PhD study at LAHP partner institutions (please note application deadlines for individual institution might be different. Please check directly with your own institution.)
- 28th January 2019 at 23.59 – Applications deadline. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- 4th February 2019 at 09.00 – Deadline for Supervisor Statement of Support. Applicants will be responsible for ensuring the reference is received by the deadline.
- Mid-March 2019 – Students must be in receipt of an offer on their chosen PhD programme
- April 2019 – Offers to successful candidates
- London Arts and Humanities Partnership Studentship
Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
Deadline for applications: 11am, Monday 7th January 2019
- For research projects in Anthropology with an environmental focus.
- Natural Environment Research Council
UCL Wolfson Scholarship
- Home | EU
- 6 awards available (history, languages, literature)
- Applicants should submit a PhD application to UCL admissions by 9am on Friday 4th January and notify the department by email (email@example.com) that they wish to be considered for the award. Applicants should secure the approval of a potential supervisor before submitting their application.
- Departmental Graduate Tutors should send nominations (normally no more than three for any one subject discipline and up to a maximum of six per department/unit) to the Joint Faculty Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday 25 January 2019.
- UCL Wolfson Scholarship
UCL Research Opportunity Scholarship (UCL-ROS)
- The scholarship consists of fees, plus a maintenance stipend for full-time study
- It opens to individuals who are applying to a research degree at UCL in one of the following faculties (Arts & Humanities, Social & Historical Sciences, Mathematical & Physical Sciences), and are UK-permanent residents from one of the following BME ethnic groups (Black, Pakistani and Bangladeshi)
- Application Deadline: 31 January 2019
- UCL Research Opportunity Scholarship (UCL-ROS)
- Search for other Scholarships/Awards for graduate students
- Parkes Foundation (deadline:10 January 2019)
- Ruggles Gates Fun (deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Horniman Anthropological Fun (deadline: 31 March 2019)
- Radcliffe-Brown and Firth Trust Funds for Social Anthropological Research (deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Fulbright Awards (US students only)
- Marshall Scholarship (US students only)