February 2021: this is how we mark and celebrate LGBTQ+ History Month at UCL Americas!
In 2018, UCL was named one of the UK’s best employers for lesbian, gay, bi and trans staff in the Stonewall Top 100 Employers Index.
The support and wellbeing service offers support to LGBT+ students. The service provides information on transitioning gender, the UCL Policy and Guidance for Students transitioning Gender and details of external support for the transgender community, especially in London. The LGBT+ Students’ Network is here to support you in your study and work, to provide you with social activities, as well as to campaign on your behalf and raise awareness of your issues.
Key Contacts and Resources
- The current LGBQ+ Officer is Jemima Barnes. The Trans Officer position is currently vacant.
- UCL has an active LGBTQ+ Equalities Advisory Group (LEAG).
- The LGBTQ+ staff social network (Out@UCL) meets at least twice a term.
- UCL has produced guidance for supporting LGBTQI+ staff and students
- UCL provides training for staff to become LGBTQ+ allies and any staff member can become a Friend of Out@UCL.
- qUCL is a university-wide active research network, that brings together UCL staff and students with research and teaching interests in LGBTQ studies, gender and sexuality studies, queer theory and related fields.
- Links to UCL-wide support and resources, including career advice, mentoring schemes and inclusion language, can be found on the UCL LGTBQ+ Equality webpage.
- Pink News has a produced page of LGBT mental health resources.