Class of 2021: Free membership and borrowing from UCL libraries
3 August 2021
UCL’s newest graduates are entitled to free borrowing membership at all UCL libraries for a year.
If you belong to one of the following groups, you will now be able to borrow up to five physical books at a time free of charge over the next 12 months:
- Undergraduates graduating this year (2021)
- Postgraduates graduating this year (2021)
- Postgraduates who graduated last year (2020) who were due to have their ceremonies in 2021.
Your 12-month free membership will begin on the date you register and to take up this offer, you just need to register online before 31 July 2022 with the following documents:
- A passport-style photo (colour, facing camera).
- A photo/scan of proof of home address (for instance, a valid driving license or recent utility bill).
- Any one of the following:
- A photo/scan of your expired UCL student ID card.
- A photo/scan of your UCL alumni card.
- A photo/scan of your UCL degree certificate.
- A photo/scan of your official UCL degree results transcript.
Once registered, you will be able to collect your library card from the Membership Desk in the Main Library and choose from thousands of books using the Click and Collect service. When you've picked up the books of your choice, you will be free to take them off campus, taking your further study or personal interest beyond the walls of UCL to any location of your choice.
Please note that, while alumni cannot access the library’s e-journals due to license restrictions, all alumni, regardless of graduation year, are entitled to free access to thousands of e-journals via the UCL alumni website.