Free library membership and borrowing benefits for our newest graduates
24 August 2020
We are delighted to announce that UCL’s newest graduates are entitled to free borrowing membership at all UCL libraries for a year.
Ordinarily a paid service, UCL Library Services are pleased to waive the £50 fee for new UCL alumni, allowing them to access an extensive range of fantastic literature.
If you are from one of the following groups, you will now be able to borrow up to five physical books at a time for 12 months free of charge:
- Undergraduates graduating this year (2020)
- Postgraduates graduating this year (2020)
- Postgraduates who graduated last year (2019) who were due to have their ceremonies in 2020.
Your 12-month free membership will begin on the date you register and to take up this offer, you just need to register online before 31 July 2021 with the three following documents:
- A passport style photo (colour, facing camera).
- A photo/scan of proof of home address (for instance, a valid driving license or recent utility bill).
- Any one of the following:
- A photo/scan of your expired UCL student ID card.
- A photo/scan of your UCL alumni card.
- A photo/scan of your UCL degree certificate.
- A photo/scan of your official UCL degree results transcript.
Once registered, you will be able to collect your library card from the Membership Desk in the Main Library and choose from thousands of books using the Click and Collect service. When you've picked up the books of your choice, you will be free to take them off campus, taking your further study or personal interest beyond the walls of UCL to any location of your choice.
Please note that, while alumni cannot access the library’s e-journals due to license restrictions, all alumni, regardless of graduation year, are entitled to free access to thousands of e-journals via the alumni website.
Feel free to explore your other UCL alumni services and join our Alumni Online Community for a range of networking/mentorship opportunities, events and news. If you have any questions at all, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.