Without reunion leaders, we simply wouldn’t be able to run activities like this so we are incredibly grateful for the time and effort contributed by many who take on the role.
As a reunion leader, you would take on the responsibility of organising a reunion event for your UCL class. You would support the event from inception to close, from choosing the venue to promoting amongst your networks and leading on the evening.
Reunions usually take around three months to organise however, some may choose to arrange earlier so guests can make travel plans. It is expected that Reunion leaders spend approximately two hours per week on the activity.
It is expected that this role is usually completed at home. Unfortunately, UCL is unable to provide office space for reunion leaders.
Before the event
- Be responsible for the overall coordination of the reunion activity
- Provide at least three months’ notice for the reunion activity
- Define the scope of the event, as per your selections outlined in the Reunion Toolkit
- Promote the event actively through your networks. (Alumni Relations will promote the activity through our database however, the most successful events are those which are owned and promoted by the alumni community themselves)
- Book any optional extras (i.e. flowers, photographer), from our list of agreed suppliers
On the day
- Lead and ensure that the event runs smoothly on the day, with support from Alumni Relations as appropriate
- Be the main contact point for UCL staff on the day (for example, liaising with a tour guide)
- Manage any other volunteers on the day, as applicable
- Make sure that other alumni attending the event have a positive reunion experience
After the day
- Say thank you to any other volunteers involved in the activity
- Share photos and feedback from the event with the Alumni Relations team
Benefits of being involved
- Give back to your classmates through a meaningful and positive reunion experience
- Re-connect with friends from university
- Come back to Bloomsbury and re-connect with UCL
- Develop your leadership and event experience
- Briefing and training from your Alumni Relations contact
- Confident leading groups and being the central contact for the event
- Communication skills
- Organisation and time management
- Event management skills desirable, but not essential
If you are interested in organising a reunion, please do view and submit our helpful toolkit