Green Alley Award 2015
Deadline: 15 September 2015
The Green Alley Award is Europe's only award for entrepreneurs and start-ups working in the circular economy. Green entrepreneurs with sustainable economy ideas and new ways of looking at waste as a resource can apply for the award at www.green-alley-award.com until the 15th of September 2015.
The most convincing candidates will be invited to the final in Berlin (4th November 2015) and will present their business ideas in a live pitch to an international audience. An expert jury will then select the winner of the Green Alley Award 2015, who will be rewarded with a package of benefits and services worth up to 15,000 pounds.
The prize package includes:
- A cash prize of 7,000 euros
- Individual workshops with green economy experts and mentors from the start-up scene
- 6 months rent-free workspace in Berlin, including basic infrastructure
- Access to an international network of experts and other start-ups in the field of waste, recycling and the environment
- The opportunity to obtain funding from investment or crowdfunding
Stelios Award for Disabled Entrepreneurs in the UK
Deadline: 5pm on 18 September 2015
This unique and prestigious award is sponsored by Sir Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the renowned entrepreneur best known for founding EasyJet. It recognises the achievements of disabled entrepreneurs who have overcome challenges to set up their own company and excel in their chosen business field. The winner receives £50,000 to expand their business.
To be in with a chance of winning the £50,000 prize, you must meet the following criteria:
- you have a recognised disability or long term health condition
- you have at least 25% management stake in your company
- your business has a turnover in excess of £10,000
- you have a UK registered business
- your business has been trading for between two and five years
Health Social Innovators' Programme
Deadline: 12pm on 25 September 2015
We are looking for exciting early-stage ventures, predominantly tech-enabled enterprises that can create positive change in healthcare and be financially sustainable.
These ventures will typically be at the prototype stage of development and able to make significant advances in their business model in a 12 week accelerator programme. The social and economic impact of the venture should focus primarily in England.
Through a three-month customised process, we will provide selected ventures with:
- A network of over 60 outstanding mentors
- Seed investment
- Tailored advice to their organisation's needs
- Events to pitch their business to potential customers and social investors
London Entrepreneurs' Challenge
The E-Challenge is a series of workshops and business plan competition designed to introduce participants to fundamental business concept.
Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards
Deadline: monthly - you've got until midnight on the last day of each month to enter the awards
The CleanTech Challenge is an international business
plan competition for innovative clean technology product ideas. It
brings together business and technical students to create viable start-ups. Teams compete over three rounds for the £10,000 prize,
awarded at the two-day Bootcamp finals in London. Entrants are mentored
by industry experts from the cleantech, entrepreneurial and related
China UK Challenge
The China-UK Challenge aims to encourage
new business ventures between China and the United Kingdom and is
intended to simulate the real-world process of entrepreneurs soliciting
start-up funds from early-stage investors and venture capital firms.