Community Counts Project
2 January 2014
The Somers town Youth Forum, established in 2012, aims to
support local young people in various ways. The “Community Counts” project
helps address the issue of unemployment and its pilot scheme ran in the summer
of 2013 with 10 young people.
We are now looking for other local businesses who would like to help by offering a placement to a young person in 2014, or to support by sponsoring a young person’s educational development (qualifications, awards) and day to day running of the project or both. Details are as follows:
- You will offer one week (minimum) full-time opportunity for a young person between 16-25 years old to shadow you and your colleagues, ideally in half-terms or school holiday periods
- Before the placement, the young people will have three one-hour sessions delivered by UCL and Enactus (social enterprise student society) on employability
- The aims/outcomes are to build young people’s confidence, promote community cohesion, empower young people with skills, knowledge, a sense of belonging and responsibility within the community and more
- Sponsorship amounts can be anything you are capable of giving.
- Participants will be given full recognition for taking part in the Community Counts project (reports, publicity and website)
If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Shofi Muhammod/Jamie King at email@example.com