If you have a disability that impacts your need for accommodation, you may be entitled to stay in UCL accommodation beyond your first year of study.
Returning students with a disability, medical condition, injury or illness that impacts on their need for accommodation whilst studying at UCL, may be entitled to stay in UCL accommodation beyond their first year of study.
Student Support and Wellbeing includes Student Disability Services and Student Psychological Services. You do not have to take up this support but UCL has a duty of care to its students, especially those living in its accommodation.
Further information about the use of information relating to a declared disability can be found on the UCL Student Support and Wellbeing website.
We cannot guarantee that you will be offered the same study bedroom that you occupied in your first year; however, in cases where physical adaptations to the accommodation make this the most suitable for the current resident, every effort will be made to ensure that the accommodation is retained for that student.
UCL will move to ensure that disabled students who require an en-suite, larger or accessible room are not charged additional costs. Further information about this can be found via our Accommodation Support for Disabled Students page.
- Applicants must be a continuing, full-time student at UCL
- Applications, which will be made online from February, must be received by 31 May in the year of study.
- Applications must be supported by uploading recent and relevant medical evidence, of the applicant's particular need, dated no more than 12 months prior to your accommodation application. Further information on suitable medical evidence can be found on the Student Support and Wellbeing web pages.
- Applications from returning students with additional requirements will be considered on their individual merits by the Medical Cases Panel in June and successful applicants will be notified within one week of the Panel's decision.
- Successful applicants will receive their accommodation offer in July.
- In line with the accommodation offer procedure for all students, offers must be accepted online and a deposit paid within five days of the date of the offer email.
Applicants receiving a diagnosis after the application deadline may still apply for accommodation and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. However as room allocations will have been made for the coming session, no guarantees of an offer of accommodation can be made.