UCL CAJ Student Immigration Advice Assistant
Applications are closed.
13 May 2022
An opportunity has arisen through the UCL Centre for Access to Justice to undertake paid work with the UCL Immigration Advice Service within Student & Registry Services as ‘Immigration Advice Assistants’.
- Students will be trained specifically in Student Visa immigration rules to conduct one-to-one meetings with international students to check their student visa applications. Students will also provide administrative support to the Immigration Advice staff team.
- Job despcription with full details on the role including all duties and responsbilities can be found
- A minimum of 3 shifts per week. Shifts are 4.5 hours each and run either from 9:30am-1pm or 2pm-5:30pm. Students may be able to sign up for more shifts should they wish.
- The start date for the role is Thursday 1st September 2022 & the end date will be Friday 14th October 2022.
- All staff appointed will need to attend compulsory training on Thursday 1st & Friday 2nd September 2022, and will be remunerated for this training time.
- £11.72 per hour
In order to apply you must:
- Be an LLM student or LLB student (including an offer holder).
- Be available and in London for the entire period from Thursday 1st September until Friday 14th October. (Upon the start of term, there will be greater flexibility in the shift schedules.)
- Please note shortlisted applicants will be interviewed in July and interviews will take place online over Zoom/MS Teams.
How to apply:
- Students must submit a CV and covering letter to Bronte Cook (email@example.com) by 4pm on Friday 1st July, 2022.
- In the covering letter students should confirm their availability and give an estimate of how many shifts they are willing to do.
For further questions, please contact Bronte Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.